Sunday, April 28, 2019

Marissa Hernandez: week 12 Laser scanning

concept: I was not entirely sure what I wanted to scan at first. I then came across this little heart, even though it was red I was able to paint it white.  I thought this would be a neat and easy design since it gave me a basic shape to build off of.


heart object

Techniques: To start off the process I painted the white heart so that the Next Engine scanner would be able to read it. I then place blue dots all over the model so I could easily pin point the alignment when needed in Rapid works. We had to single scan each side and then piece it together, because the whole 360 scan was not really in our favor. Once I was done scanning it I moved the model into rapid works and polished it so it did not have holes from the dots with the sandpaper tool. I then finalized it with Key shot. I added a dim lighting due to the dim environment for UTD setting.

model in Rapidworks
Materials: For my materials I used a copper pink material for the whole heart. For the lighting I used a dim environment sunset,so that it could match the finalized environment well.


model rendered in UTD environment


No comments:

Post a Comment