Monday, February 2, 2015

Cicely Miller: Week 3: Golden Duck Keyshot 101


My golden duck has lots of character.  The body of my duck is inspired by the rubber duckie from Sesame Street.  The wings are inspired from the Wright Brother’s aircraft and a surf board.  It seemed convenient to use the wings from a plane design with the surf board shape to depict flying and floating.
I followed the tutorial step-by-step until I was happy with the aesthetics of my duck.  Once I became comfortable I tried different techniques to add lagniappe.  While drafting the head and the body of the duck, I used 2 spheres.  Next, I created the neck and blended them together by using Boolean union.  The eyes and the wings were used with the ellipsoid shape.  I made sure that these shapes were even on both sides that extruded from the body of the duck.
The materials were used from Keyshot to add to the sophistication and attractiveness of my duck.  Since my duck is a golden duck, I wanted the body of the duck to be in gold metallic.  The wing is in a maroon glass material and the eyes and multicolor beak were proceeded using a plastic material.





No comments:

Post a Comment