Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jenna Bastian: Week 3 Ducky

I didn't have any conceptual theme at first, I was trying to finish the duck tutorial. However, I did want my duck to have wings so it can fly, so that was my inspiration. I also like Mallard ducks.

I made a curve that outlined the shape of the wings but didn't know how to make a surface out of it, so I made airplane-like wings instead. Later, with the wonderful knowledge of F10 (moving vertices) I tilted them up so won't be so much like an airplane. I used F10 later to adjust other parts of the body.


The duck was originally white with a yellow beak but it was too simple. So then I changed it to nature-like colors: green and brown (still yellow for beak but paler). The type of materials used alternated between plastic and gem, but finally settled down with what I have now. This time I did add ground reflections, and changed the background color a bit. It somehow reminds me of a Mallard duck.

Ghosted images from Rhino and KeyShot renders:

Ghosted in Rhino


Layered in Rhino

Keyshot Render #1
Keyshot Render #2

No comments:

Post a Comment