Sunday, February 8, 2015

Jenna Bastian Project 1: LED Sleeve

For this flashlight I decided to go for a fire theme. I am going to use black and warm colors. Also, I’m hoping to make it tough-looking and somewhat intricate.


I used ArrayPolar and BooleanDifference to repeat a pipe object around the flashlight and subtract from the flashlight surface. I used ArrayPolar to also add the circular bits around the middle and the cones at the bottom. For the fire: I drew it with the curve tool, projected it onto the flashlight surface, and then extruded it.

The warm colors and fire part showed the fire theme. The cones at the bottom makes the flashlight resemble a rocket as well. In Keyshot I used plastic metal material for the flashlight (in various colors) and increased the contrast/brightness of the environment. With the black color, it looks smokey and tough, and resembles some space canon.

Ghosted images from Rhino and KeyShot renders:

  Ghosted in Rhino

 
 Layered in Rhino

 Keyshot Render #1

Keyshot Render #2


Here are the 3D printed images. The flashlight did not fit at first because of the outside ridges protruding inside but I used sandpaper to file it down. I didn't paint this one since I liked how the light sort of goes through the material at the thinner parts.





No comments:

Post a Comment