Monday, February 2, 2015

Stefan Babick: Week3 Castle

I followed the level 1 Training manual knowing vaguely what direction I wanted to take my castle design in. I wanted radial symmetry and repetition to be present so a strong central point would be needed. My goal was to use many different modeling techniques.

I used standard edge and face extrusions to create the walkways, walls, and bench seats. I used a lot of Boolean subtract to create the spheres and erosion on the bridges. Lastly, I rotated curves around their axis to create the street lamp shades, extruded on long curves for the posts of the lamps, support pillars under the bridge, and the feet and supports for the benches.

After constructing my model, I felt like it belonged in a chasm or cavern leading stones, wood, and brick to be my main choice of material. I wanted the central balls to feel other-worldly so I created a tight-knit metal weave material. Lastly, I applied brick to the walls. I would have like to create a stone cavern to encompass the castle, but prior to using Keyshot, I thought it would have interfered with rendering.

Ghosted


Layer Division


Bird's Eye View


Pedestrian View.


No comments:

Post a Comment