Saturday, February 21, 2015

Jenna Bastian Project 2: Dragon

For this project, I decided to create a dragon. It could be a cool pen holder or a really snazzy paper weight. Again, like the past Rhino 3D models, I am going for a tough, elegant look.

I modeled the dragon in Maya and imported it into Rhino 3D. It was difficult for me since this is first time I have modeled a creature in Maya, the wings were the most difficult. I then added the eyes in Rhino by creating spheres and editing the control points to shape it into the eye sockets.

For KeyShot rendering, the brightness and contrast of the environment were increased. I used chrome for the body but changed it to a gold color; I liked how the wings were reflecting parts of the body in a weird way. I also added a red glass texture for the eyes so it would not be completely gold. I wanted it to look like a creature living in my previous Palace

Ghosted images from Rhino and KeyShot renders:

Ghosted in Rhino

Layered in Rhino

Keyshot Render #1

Keyshot Render #2

Here are the 3D printed images of the Dragon. I spray painted it with a silver chrome color (I couldn't find any gold chrome). It came out nice, and the texture was still noticeable.




No comments:

Post a Comment