Thursday, February 19, 2015

Jake Lenzen: Week 5 Free Model

For this project I decided to make something out of my favorite book series, the Wheel of Time. This symbol is repeated throughout the book, and has become very iconic. I chose a smaller scale so the model could be used as a key chain or some similar token.

I worked mostly in Maya, using basic polygons for the wheel shape. For the snake body, I created a curve that went through the wheel the way I wanted it, then extruded a cylinder along the curve. The head I made by drawing a curve, then making it into a surface and extruding. I then made holes at the front of the body, and the back of the head, and combined the vertices to form a cohesive shape.

I chose a gold like texture for the snake to better imitate the books, but a plastic material to the wheel and spokes to keep it modern.









No comments:

Post a Comment