Monday, February 2, 2015

Jake Lenzen: Week 3 Castle

For my first Rhino model, I wanted to make something simple and classic, but with some stylistic elements. My inspiration was the Wray Castle. I began with the tutorial, but wanted to create something a bit more gothic, so I strayed from the original design.

The octagonal towers were made by creating a polygonal surface and extruding upwards. The details, such as the crosses or battlements were made using the boolean difference command.

Materials were a bit of an issue, whenever I would try to use a scale greater than 0 on the texture, the result would be incredibly pixelated. The only texture this looks good with was the brick. In order to retain some variety, I edited the texture to make it darker for the battlements and trim.





No comments:

Post a Comment