Monday, February 2, 2015

Cicely Miller: Week 3: Flashlight Keyshot 101



This is not just any flashlight.  This flashlight can accommodate a black bulb making it a contemporary black flashlight.  I liked the freedom and creativity used to produce this light.  While producing this design I had a submarine and Star Trek in mind.


I did not depend fully on the tutorial that was provided while building this flashlight.  Instead, I used what I learned from previous projects to create a finished product.  A cylindrical shape, sphere, solid paraboloid and rectangular shapes for cosmetics were combined to create the flashlight figure.  The button was a standard sphere.  This button was placed toward the top of the flashlight design.


Since a flashlight usually has durable material, it only felt natural to use either plastic or metal.  I used all plastic materials to add the look and feel of my flashlight.  I wanted a smooth texture to compliment the kind of light it is and what it is usually used for.






No comments:

Post a Comment