Monday, February 2, 2015

Cicely Miller: Week 3: Infused Glass Castle Keyshot 101



This is my first project in Rhino so I wanted to use basic figures to create my art, experiment and learn the functionality of the different tools.  This castle is built for a royal family.  While designing this model the American children’s television series Eureeka’s castle and the 90’s film, Coming to America inspired my designed.

While in Rhino, I used various shapes to piece together the figure.  The shapes used were the cylinder, rectangle and cone.  I started from the base and worked my way to the highest point by stacking various shapes.  I used the copy and paste commands to repeat many of my shapes.  The doors which were produced toward the end was an added touch.  I started with two cubes and Boolean differenced the inside for the cutout.

Keyshot offered a diverse set of materials.  I tried different materials until I found something that I feel in love with.  The glass material makes up the cone tops, as well as the tower.  I used a metallic filter for the interior sculpture where the castle rooms are located.  The reflection throughout the model gives a special effects and adds to the interest of the exterior of the model.







No comments:

Post a Comment