Sunday, February 1, 2015

Zachariah Miller Assignment 1 Models

Castle

For this project, we were supposed to make a castle with blocks and shapes. I wanted an easy-to make castle, but also one that looked more fantasy based. I settled with a bridge-connected town with a four tower castle on top of it. I wanted to make the bridge a shiny color, so I made it a gold color, but quickly discovered that if the larger blocks were a dark color, the bridge would not appear correctly. So I settled with a nice red wooden color, and made the castle gold as if it were for royalty.
 Ghosting view for seamless view
 Aerial view to see the composition
Pedestrian view so that three sides crash outside the photo

Flashlight

For the flashlight, I wanted a more modern and dependable look to the flashlight than the tutorial had showed. I went for a multi-bulb format, to provide lots of light, and a nice large shaped button. With the Keyshot version, I wanted to make it crystalline, shiny like a flashlight. I changed the bulb textures to something shiny, and the button to keep it's nice orange-yellow color to attract attention to any user. 

 Ghosted for show
 Rear view
Front view to see the four-bulb format

Duck

For the duck model, I liked how it turned out somewhat cute, and made the eyes overly large to match. The large head over the body made it look like a duckling or a rubber duck. When texturing the duck in keyshot, I wanted to keep to similar rubber duck colors that are more common. So I made the duck hammered gold, with a bronze brushed beak and chrome eyes. 

Ghosted to see the inside 
Gold textured back shot 
Metal textured front

No comments:

Post a Comment