Saturday, February 28, 2015

Michael Bradley: Free Choice

For my Free choice 3D print model, I chose to create a minimalistic version of the Tantive IV from Star Wars.  The original model I was planing on using was one I used in a mod for an older Real Time Strategy, and therefor inherently low detail.  That model ended up being unusable due to its polygonal, and open edged nature, so the final printed model was created entirely in Rhino.
Reference 1: Game model


Reference 2: Movie prop model.


To print this model, I had originally intended on using a model I already had, but as previously mentioned, that model was "bad" as described by Rhino.  Instead, I imported the model and scaled it to the proper size, and then used it as a template for a NURBS solid model.  The final result was as close as I could get it to the original, but without any naked or non-manifold edges.

I have yet to render the model in keyshot, but I plan on using marble or some other form of stone.  I want to use these materials to convey a form of sculpture or art piece, rather than an ultra realistic rendition of the model.

Ghost Image: Black

Ghost Image: Colored by Layer

 Render 1

Render 2

Final 1

Final 2

No comments:

Post a Comment