Monday, February 2, 2015

Jake Lenzen: Week 3 Flashlight

For this project I mainly followed the tutorial. I wanted to stay to something simple that could be easily identifiable as a flashlight. I added a rim around the button to make it look slightly more realistic, but other than that I kept a classic structure.

The flashlight housing was created with a normal cylindrical shape, with a truncated cylinder added to the front end for the reflector. Another truncated cylinder was then used to hollow out the flashlight for the lens. The button was a standard sphere, with a cylinder around it to make a rim.

I kept the textures simple to reflect the simplicity of the model. The housing is glossy black plastic, while the button and button rim are rough rubber material. The inside lens is clear glass.





No comments:

Post a Comment