Sunday, February 1, 2015

Michael Bradley: Week 3: Ducky

This my the Week 3 Blog-posting for the Ducky model.

     With this model I followed the tutorial as best I could, making a fairly generic duck silhouette. My end result was intended to be a typical rubber Ducky,  Other than changing some of the proportions to how I preferred, I mostly stuck with the tutorial.

     The modeling techniques used on this model varied from polygonal and, control point manipulation to free-form curves and trimming.  This tutorial covered a vast set of skills and tools which help when creating smooth, rounded, or organic structures.  I was able to learn and use some tools that are much easier than in Maya, though I also realized some tools, like mirroring objects, are easier in Maya as well.

     Though I had intended on making this a rubber Ducky, the materials for rubber didn't look as good as I would have liked.  Instead I went for a metal or ceramic duck, painted with metallic Yellow and orange.  These materials mixed with the lighting produced a look I am very happy with.


Ghost Image: Black



Ghost Image: Colored by Layer



Keyshot Render 1



Keyshot Render 2

No comments:

Post a Comment