Monday, February 2, 2015

Jake Lenzen: Week 3 Ducky

For this model I wanted to create the perfect rubber ducky toy. I followed to tutorial to create the organic structure, trying to keep the proportions close to what I thought would appear normal. The ducky didn't have as much class as I would have liked however, so I added a top hat as a finishing touch.

The duck was created with 2 spheres which were rebuilt. The spheres were then squashed and stretched using control points. I used a curve to project onto the head and body to create holes for the neck. I then blended the two curves together to create the neck itself. The top hat was made using simple cylinders, both for the hat and the band.

For materials I used the closest I could find to yellow rubber for the body, with a similar black material for the eyes. The top hat used a cloth material, both for the band and the hat.






No comments:

Post a Comment