Sunday, February 1, 2015

Michael Bradley: Week 3: Flashlight

This my the Week 3 Blog-posting for the Flashlight model.

     The theme of this model is mostly based off of a simple flashlight, as seen in the tutorial.  I chose not to deviate too far from this in style as I wanted to focus on the techniques, and learning the program.  My end result was that of a plastic or toy flashlight.

     To model this flashlight I followed the tutorial using a combination of basic Boolean functions.  Expanding on these, after the model was finished I attempted to add a few more details.  The end result, using a Taurus and spheres has extra detail on the side and end of the handle and button.

     Because the model was so flat I had a hard time fining a material that made the flashlight look real.  I wanted to use anodized aluminum, but for some reason the lighting looked bad at different angles.  I decided to use a shiny metallic paint texture for the body, and a rubber texture for the button.  Lastly, I used a wavy glass texture for the lens, which I intended to exemplify the toy nature of the model.


Ghost Image: Black



Ghost Image: Colored by Layer



Keyshot Render 1



Keyshot Render 2


No comments:

Post a Comment