Sunday, February 1, 2015

Michael Bradley: Week 3: Castle

This my the Week 3 Blog-posting for the castle model.

     I wasn't particuarly focused on theme for this model as it was my very first in Rhino, however I generally attempted to follow the example given.  I attempted to make a castle with columns, in a somewhat classic Disney style.  The end result was simple, but I believe it looks basically like a castle should.

     The techniques I used were limited, but I did experiment with the "gumball" movement tool, which is much more familiar to someone used to using Maya.  After creating the basic shapes, I found the "Alt tap" function for duplication extremely helpful.  Besides these tools I simply used 4 basic shapes for the entire model: Cones, Cylinders, Spheres, and Cubes.

     Though theme wasn't a huge focus for this model, I attempted to make a realistic shader set for my model.  I began by scaling the brick material to my cubes, but failing to find another material that blended well, I ended up mapping it to my cylinders and cones as well.  I decided to make the sphere decorations stand out with a granite texture scaled to fit the resolution of the rest of the model.

Ghost Image: Black



Ghost Image: Colored by Layer



Keyshot Render 1



Keyshot Render 2


No comments:

Post a Comment