Sunday, November 16, 2014

Andres Ortiz-Mena Gonzalez Project 4: Slots


For my slots project I wanted to try something different from what was being done and wanted to try Illustrator which would give me much more freedom for creating my slots.

I decided I wanted to try something fun, instead of just having slots that would match to create shapes, I would go ahead and make something more organic, more of a character to play around with.

Thinking back on the past I decided to play around with the design of the Sinclair baby from the 90s series "Dinosaurs"


The baby has pretty simple and expresive shapes so I thought it would be cool to give people the possibility of not just pusting together a simple baby, but using the slots of a posibility to create many types of creatures using his silhouettes







I went ahead and traced most of the body parts on Photoshop and then moved those into Illustrator to create curves and have a sheet for laser cutting.






No comments:

Post a Comment