Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sean Lenox: Project 6 - Lamp

Week 11:

The design for my waffle lamp was inspired by dice and numbers - my original idea was to come up with some kind of numerical notation with rectangles and circles and create an alien die of sorts. I felt that such details would ultimately be lost in the waffle process, however, so I settled for a simpler circle/rectangle pattern inscribed on each side. I'm considering leaving one of the radial slices out to give the lamp a "front" where more light shines through.

I created boxes and spheres and used the Difference command to cut indentations into the box.I also used the difference command to cut the cylinder out of the middle.



Week 15:

Here are some photos of the assembled waffle lamp.



No comments:

Post a Comment