Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kristine Dickson: Week 10 Waffle Structure

For my waffle structure, I decided to make a beard. I wanted to make something that people could interact and have fun with. The piece itself is scaled to fit a person's face and is lightweight, cut with plywood underlayment. Part of what is interesting about the Waffle Beard is that anyone can come around, pick it up, and take a picture with it. Take a picture of their friends' wearing it. It becomes a point of conversation and attention. The audience becomes part of the exhibit. I think it would be neat to see my waffle structure on a variety of people's faces, with a variety of expressions and scenarios.

My reference image for the model.

Key shot renders: I used a matte plastic material in dark brown.


Found a generic manikin face to show the scale of the beard.


My First Beard


No comments:

Post a Comment