Monday, November 17, 2014

The-Phong "James" Pham: Week 11 Waffle Lamp

                I created rectangle shapes and use the BooleanUnion command to connect them.  I also used the BooleanDifference command to remove chunks from the object. I then used a cylinder to cut out the inside of the lamp. I used the Section command to make the x and y planes. I had difficulty with the pipes not snapping where I wanted to, so I used the CutMyRibs script. After using the MassiveUnroll script I had to use the explode and extend command on some curves to fix some of the bugs that the CutMyRibs script can cause. Then I organized the layers for the laser cutter.  

                My inspiration came from memories of my father's old work place, when he was an engineer working at Ericsson. My memory was that the building was very geometric, so I looked up cubic architecture. The waffle looked matched well with their logo,

                I chose a blue anodized brushed aluminum and a white plastic for my rendering, the colors of the Ericsson company. I couldn't quite figure out how to create the lighting for the keyshot rendering nor did I really know how to include the 2D laser cutting curves into the rendering.












No comments:

Post a Comment