Sunday, November 2, 2014

David Norkiewicz: Project 5: Waffle

Statement of Purpose: The inspiration for this model came from a table design I saw several years ago.I have wanted to find out how to do this type of sculpture for some time, and after seeing furnature created from this method, wanted to try to design a piece. The current table is a prototype of the design I would like to design in the future, that involves twisting and bending the table into a curling structure. I hope to be able to take this idea further with our next projects.





Modeling techniques: By creating a cube and booleaning spheres into it, the cube gains pockets from people to put their feet. The model that I ahve created is much smaller (rouchly 9-10 inched tall) and could be used as a small end table or placed piece.




The final model turned out better than expected. However tyhe bottom most piece did not fit on the model correctally and had to be scrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment