Thursday, November 13, 2014

David Chiu Project 6: Waffle "Lamp"

It's not really a lamp, but it COULD be one......

Also, why am I doing a Halloween project in November?

So, Halloween has passed. I had been hoping to play in Team Fortress 2's Scream Fortress event during that time, but my computer decided to crash. So to make up for that, I decided to make my lamp a Jack-O-Lantern design.

Sort of. I didn't make a face. Given the nature of waffles, the pumpkin would already had cuts in the final product.

I ended up modeling a basic pumpkin with a 1 inch hole on the bottom. When I exported it into Rhino, I then used a boolean difference to make a small cylindrical hole at the top. However, I had to adjust the hole at the bottom of the pumpkin near the end of the project because I had accidentally given the hole a diameter of 2 inches instead of just 1.



And for the final result......



No comments:

Post a Comment