Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nick Adams - Waffle

I was thinking about what I could do for my waffle structure and I was thinking about what melted or melting metal looks like. However I decided to take it a step further as I wanted to incorporate spheres in the project. So I changed my idea to melted metal in a zero gravity environment. It would look much like the liquid in a lava lamp. That is what this project was concepted around. It ended up a lot more abstract.

The modeling techniques used were rather simple. Mostly just creating spheres and then booleaning them together to get the shapes I wanted. 


Here is my ghosted image with proper thickness of material. I also included measurements so that you could see how large the project would be.


Here is the layout for laser cutting.



This first one I decided to do a lavish metal model to see how that would look. I don't like this nearly as much as the next one.


This is my favorite render the two tones are really nice and seeing the red with hints of orange turned out way better than expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment