Sunday, November 16, 2014

Andres Ortiz-Mena Gonzalez Project 5: Waffle


I had many ideas for the waffle shapes but I wasn't satisfied with how simple I felt they looked, I didn't just want to create a waffle of a cube, so I took my inspiration from nature, examining the way flowers bloomed.


It came up to me that the way a fully bloomed flower looked would look pretty good on a bowl or something made to hold things.






I noticed there were many bowls flower shaped so I looked for something slightly different, still with the idea of a flower in mind I also looked at octopi tentacles and the way they usually curve and move.








With all of this in  mind I went ahead in Maya and created an abstract shape that would follow these ideas.





A mix between a cup and a blooming flower/tentacle I went ahead to waffle it in Rhino






I am pretty sure it will work the way I wanted it to once it's cut and put together.









No comments:

Post a Comment