Sunday, November 9, 2014

Philip Barker: Project 5 - Waffles


Design intent: For this assignment I decided to base my design on pyrite cubes. Ever since I first saw them I was fascinated that a form of pyrite can natural form into rectangle shapes.


Modeling technique: Simply put the model was made up of different sized cubes. I started with a large base added multiple cubes with some rotated. I then used Boolean union to create a solid model. When creating the slices the script would cause an error on the center x contour. I decided to remove every other slice to make the waffle uniform. In the end it worked out because the extra slices would not fit on the 48x24 sheet at the size I made the model.

For the materials in keyshot I used an aluminum with a lighter color. For the waffle itself I used a two layered plastic material. The top coat was a deep brown and the under coat a sandstone type color.

No comments:

Post a Comment