Monday, November 10, 2014

Oscar Sanchez: Project 6 - Lamps

This past week, we've been working with different designs for a small lamp. Here's a few designs I've been playing with.



This design was based off of one of those chinese lamps that hang from the ceiling.



My next design played with boolean difference and made a swiss cheese inspired lamp.






Next I tied replicating the look of a venn diagram from a 3-D perspective

 









I wanted to see what kind of design I would get if I played with pyramids

result of using boolean difference with a box and cylinder
had to move my slices so they'd intersect.

My final design that I chose to be laser cut was a spiraling box whose sections grew further the further it got from the source of light.

initial result from contour
final result
 Here is my lamp ready to be sent to the laser cutter.



I had to play around with the layout a lot before getting it all to fit in the space



Chose to use utd colors for school spirit. I used an orange and green shiney plastic. The material is see-through because the object is made up of surfaces not solids.

Here is the final piece, just need to fit the light switch into it. What's interesting is that there is room to expand the design of the lamp using my slot forms from earlier this semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment