Saturday, November 8, 2014

David Norkiewicz: Project 6: Wafle Lamp

Statement of Purpose: The inspiration for this model came to me while I was playing with sculpting clay. I took a sphere and cut it in half and smashed it into two other hemispheres. I really liked how the curves spilled around each other while still having a representative sharp edge.
I used the same thought while creating my lamp. I wanted to create a feel of round curves while having a sharp jutting edge of the two hemispheres.


Modeling techniques: To create this beginning design, I took a sphere and hollowed out the center. I then scaled the outside of the sphere back into the object so that the top halves produced a sharp curve. Afterwards, I scaled the edges so that the tucked underneath each other.



 The materials have been dropped off at the laser cutting lab, and I hope to get them back soon!
 I am using a .13" hardboard to produce my lamp.














No comments:

Post a Comment