Sunday, October 9, 2022

An Nguyen: Project 2 - Final submission

Concept/Inspiration

My original plan of the 3D model is to make a mask inspired by Cruella in the live-action movie. However, 3D printing a mask will be costly so I changed my plan to design a pin that inspired my Cruella to attach on the mask. The reason I chose Cruella is because I really like her creativity, boldness, and stylish sense of fashion in the live-action movie. Her fashion and personality influenced my 3D model with the color scheme of red, black, and white. I designed the pin with curved and spiky details to express her strong and bold personality. The diamonds and the crown expresses her sense of fashion and a queen of fashion herself. 


Reference images 


Orthography of the drawing


Process

Here are the 5 main commands that I used for designing my model. I used Chamfer for the top and bottom of the pin. Instead of the hard edges of the cylinder, the pin was cut/ shaped a bit after using the Chamfer command. I used Mirror Command many times to achieve symmetrical details on the pin such as the curve details on both sides of the pin, the two diamonds, the two spheres. I used a Control Point Curve to draw half of the diamond shape. Then, I used the Revolve command - Full Circle to create the two diamonds on the pin. I used Extract Isocurve to pick up a curve on the chamfer area so that when I created the pearls, those pearls aligned and appeared on the chamfer area with the correct angle. I used ArrayCrv to create the pearls around the pin. 

 

3D Model Black Ghosted with layers panel

3D Model Black Ghosted with Naked Edges panel

Orthography of the 3D model with layers panel

Materials

In Keyshot, I used Plastic material for the body of the pin with Paint Textured red. I chose Granite Cool White Plastic for the curved and spiky details because it’s a mix of black and white colors which reminds of the dalmatians. The big letter C and the crown are marble black and the pearls are marble white. I used Paint Matte for the “Cruella de Vil” text. In 3D print, I used white PLA to print my model because I planned to paint on it so the color of PLA did not matter. I used acrylic paint to color my pin and clear nail polish top coat on the diamonds, the spheres, and the details around the pin so they’ll have a shiny look.  


    In Keyshot 

Composition of Orthography (with perspective) and 3D model on gray background


3D Model Pin on a Mask in appropriate environment and being worn


2 additional close up

3D Print
Composition of Orthography of the 3D print



3D model attached on the mask and being worn


3D Model attached on mask in studio environment


2 close up images of 3D print model 

No comments:

Post a Comment