Monday, October 24, 2022

Faith Romero: Week 11 Serial Slicing

 Design Intent



    My Idea for the serial slicing was to create a holder for my vase. Compared to some of my other ones, this vase is quite plain so I decided to make a sleeve to fit with the vase. I took into account the size of the model and how much room the vase would need to fit inside.

Modeling Techniques



    I first made references to the size of my vase and added them to the workspace. I then made a basic cylinder for my base, I exploded the cylinder and deleted the top and bottom. I then rebuilt the model making more anchor points. To make sure the model was symmetrical I worked from a top-down view and made it into a star shape. I then began making the items I wanted to populate the surface with. It took me a while to find the shape I liked most, I tested a few different geometries. When I found the ones I liked I applied the grasshopper script and adjusted a few settings for jitter and the intersection of the base model and the geometry. I then baked the final image into the workspace. I capped the model and made a copy of my vase reference, and applied a boolean difference. I finally created the cylinders for the rods and then ran boolean differences. 

    I then made a new file with the final model and ran the grasshopper script for the contours. I made sure the outer and inner walls, as well as numbers were all grouped together on the same layers. I organized the slices on their appropriate reference sheets. 
Rendering/Materials 



    For rendering, I went with a basic artic for the Rhino snapshot. While in Keyshot I choose to go with a grey plastic material. I choose this because I believe this to be a very neutral color, if I were to pair this with flowers, it would not drastically contrast with the flora. 

Final Version





No comments:

Post a Comment