Sunday, October 9, 2022

Jason Hollander: Adornment



Concept/Inspiration




    when choosing an item for this project I went for something from movie or game and it also had to be one of  my favorite character so I chose Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. Because Gandalf  is a wizard and you can't get much cooler than that. I am not awful at sketching so the most I could do is just get a concept of what it would look like from different angles.

Modeling 



    While I was modeling I had to keep in mind that I could make an exact recreation so I kept the bowl of the pipe the same as Gandalf's while the pipe part is different to be more to my preference. I used control point curve and flat caps to make the pipe and the bowl I used polyline, extrude, Boolean difference and fillet surface to make it. The shield on the bowl is make it more unique. The tools I used to make the shield I used extrude and poly line on everything and I mirrored the leaves to make it all come together.

MATERALS









    For Choosing the materials I went for a nice dark wood color for the pipe for the shield the omega symbol is gold and the border is made out of aluminum  while the inside of the shield and the reefs are mad out of glossy paint.

3D Model





My 3D print came out great. But there are a couple of design changes where I would of made the bottom of the bowl flat so it could stand up and making the pipe a bit bigger. I used to do my 3d print.






https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/male-head-obj/346686














No comments:

Post a Comment