Sunday, October 16, 2022

Helena Silva: Project 3 Phoenix Lamp

Concept: 

    The inspiration for this project was the create a Baroque themed phoenix. I wanted to use a form of symmetry to emphasize elegance and power. The reason I choice to use a Baroque theme was because it is a fun and challenging form of art. It is usually seen in frames and typography but I love drawing new styles with the idea of 'how could I incorporate this style into something else?' The idea didn't come easy but I wanted to illustrate the specific idea of reflection yet flow throughout the entire design.  

References


Orthographic Drawing W/ Annotations

Orthographic Drawing

Techniques:

    To begin the modeling process. I started with Clip Studio Paint to draw a digital design. Once I finished the design, I converted it into vectors. Next, I exported the vectors to Adobe Illustrator. There, I would make any fixes and organize the layers before importing the .svg file into Rhino. Once I was in Rhino, I could begin building the 3D model and organize once again to make sure that everything could be used in the final laser cutting process. I never built the model, I basically would use three different softwares to either convert, fix or draw my design. Rhino was the only software that made the design come together in a 3D format like putting together puzzle pieces.


Ghosted

Ghosted- Edge Analysis

Ghosted- Assigned Layers


Materials:

    The type of materials that I used is birch plywood. I don't really have the intention of painting my box. I plan on just using the lights to extenuate the design on the box. However, I wanted to play with the materials I could have used in Keyshot. 



Keyshot- Orthographic View

Keyshot- 3D Model Staged

Keyshot- Close-ups

Physical Model- Orthographic View

Physical Model- Close-ups










No comments:

Post a Comment