Sunday, October 9, 2022

Project 2 - Part 4/Final - Mayah Delagarza

Costume/Inspiration

    I have never really been a person to wear a costume/cosplay, the last time I did it was when I was 10 years old and decided to do Link from The Legend of Zelda. I have recently decided before even knowing the assignment that I was going to slightly dress up as one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite series, Blake Belladonna from RWBY. I was going to only do a wig with either cat ears or ribbons along with arm ribbons and makeup. Since I am not going all out with the costume, I wanted to make something that would emphasize the character yet also help me in some way for future use. This conclusion made me want to create a snap hair clip with the character's main logo to be able to use with the costume or when the hair gets in the way and just wanna stylize it a bit.

Reference Images of Snap Clips Along with Symbol

 

Design:

 

 Updated Design

     Did a redesign giving it my own original flair and style to the symbols. Instead of doing the whole hair clip, I will just be doing 2 different designs that can be put onto 2 different pins. 

Updated Designs

Process
 

Rhino Images

    Spent hours trying to get rid of the naked edges, but every time I did I would just either make more or create harder ones to fix. I ended up just redoing the purple flame model and recreating the pattern and circle. In order to create the main models and design, I used the curve and shape tools, along with the extrude curb tool in order to make it 3D. Used the revolve tool in order to make a clear circle along with more curves in order to make one half of the pattern and using the mirror tool on it to reflect on the opposite side. Did not extract Isocurve because there was no need for it, but I did fillet edges from specific curves in order to get it to be a little smoother. Mainly used Boolean Difference to put the patterns on both models and then Boolean Union in order to get them together for printing. And of course just to measure it correctly, I used the Scale tools and the Bounding Box.

Ghosted Image Rhino

Naked Image Rhino

Orthographic Image Rhino
 

Fixed Model and New Naked Edges

 Materials and Rendering

After the struggle with the modelling and getting rid of the naked edges. I was able to properly construct a fixed model and was able to get rid of the naked edges. Allowing me to properly render it in Keyshot 11. For most of the background images in the landscape, I used a picture of a desk and tried my best to make it look as natural as I could using Area Lighting material. I used the simple plastic material for everything with a bit rougher texture as to not get too much of a reflection from the materials. I also do not have the proper hair for my costume, and the wig I purchased has not yet arrived, So I do not have the in-use examples for my Keyshot rendering.

I struggled a bit with finding a place to use the 3D printer and how to use it, but I was able to get a professor's private help in order to get it properly printed. Using a normal red PLA material to print, I then used acrylic paint in order to get the colors I wanted. After the paint finished drying, I used Gel based super glue in order to glue them onto snap hair clips and finally just waited for them to dry.

Background Desk Image I took

Second Background Desk Image I took

Orthographic Image

Key Shot Close Up 2

Key Shot Close Up
Close up Image

Second Close up Image

Orthographic Image

Wearable Image

Wearable Image 2



No comments:

Post a Comment