Saturday, October 8, 2022

Faith Romero: Week 4 Flashlight

Design Intent

Lightsaber View 1

Lightsaber View 2

    For this assignment, I decided to model my design based on a lightsaber I made at Disney Land. I wanted to create the texture that my lightsaber had on a smaller scale so I looked at the design and took elements and sketched them out. 

Modeling Techniques

Rhino Ghosted View


    To model my design I began by getting the correct measurements and creating multiple references. I created a rectangle for the flashlight's original measurements and scaled them slightly for the 'wiggle room' and then offset the rectangle creating the outer wall. I created another set of references to make sure I didn't go too far into the wall. I then added lines to place the button hole and figure out how I wanted the top of the flashlight. I trimmed the excess lines and had a side profile of my flashlight. 

    I then began with adding the 2D shapes such as circles and rectangles. When I figured out where I wanted them placed I trimmed the extra lines. I made sure to fillet my edges all over the model. Once I found the profile to be something I liked I made it all one shape and revolved. After I revolved I added a pipe and polar arrayed it around, in between the pipes I added a rectangle and polar arrayed it then I boolean differenced to make cutouts. Finally, I added some rectangles at the bottom and arrayed them once again to fill the empty space. 

Rendering/Materials 

Keyshot View

    For Rendering, I went with three materials, for the main body I choose a painted metal. I liked this material on how the light through the cutouts reflected the light. For the accents, I chose another metal type one being anodized and the other with a zinc polish. I chose them because of the contrast they created. Finally, I added a texture. I decided to add a texture that showed the depth of some of the peaks. 


Prints





No comments:

Post a Comment