Sunday, October 30, 2022

Jolynn Yeh Project 3 Serial Slicing

Reference

I wasn't really sure what to do in the beginning, I only drew curves and went with the flow. Before I knew it, it looked like a twisted mountain to me, so I just went with that.


Methods

I drew curves for the base, lofted the curves, and patched the top and bottom. I used join to join them all together and Boolean union to make it into a single object. I had originally wanted to see how rhino would take my curves and put them together, I didn't expect how many twists and curves there were but I liked them, so I kept them.


Rendering

The final rendering, I went into keyshot and used wood as the material because it was the closest to cardboard but also, I like looking at the smooth twists and curves it has. I had rendered out ambient occlusion too and multiplied it into photoshop with the original rendered picture.


Final

This is the final product. It turned out bigger than I thought it would, but the curves look really satisfying. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and the curves are fun to just follow along and touch.




No comments:

Post a Comment