Monday, October 31, 2022

Vincent Joubarne Project 3 Serial Slice

 Design Intent:

For this project, I wanted to create a style 3-D model with the main inspiration being a spiral. Spirals are visually appealing and allow for unique and exciting results, especially when connected to art and applied through different mediums.

Modeling:

Modeling the main command was Rebuild and then adjusting and using the control points until the model came out the way I wanted it to use a lot of rotations. Then it just came down to using grasshopper to come out with a serial slice version of the model and then separate out the different pieces. The files that were given were a great help in completing this project and are what I used to get the serial slice of the original model. Then it came down to trimming, curve boolean, and some repositioning of the text to make the cut sheet ready for laser cutting.



Rendering:
Finally, I used artic in Rhino to get the renders of my model. Artic is such a great way to quickly get a clean render of your model in Rhino and I got some nice results from moving around the model and finding some different views of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment