Sunday, October 9, 2022

Vincent Joubarne Flashlight

Design intent: 

Coming into this project I wanted to create a textured pattern on the screen and see what kind of astonishing patterns I could make on the sleeve of the flashlight. It involved a lot of trial and error and the use of multiple shapes to create a pattern that I was happy with. Also while keeping in the constraints of the flashlight made it interesting to keep track of it the flashlight while fitting in the sleeve as well as making a unique and creative design.

Modeling:
The results came out in a pattern that looks similar to a doric pillar, or exercise handles depending on the view, that has variety in the patterns going down the sleeve with a bit of added details with the holes that I included to add detail to the sleeve. The main techniques that I used to create my sleeve were helix and sweep. I was then able to use the shapes I then rotated a copy and used the boolean difference to make some unique patterns along the sleeve. Afterward finishing by creating the top with cones and fillets.





Rendering:
Using a blender to render my model for the first time was fun and exciting. Mixing programs to create a finished product adds variety to the project and added another tool that I can now use in future projects. Not only did I have to learn some basics in Blender but I was introduced to the art of creating renders. There are a lot of small details to go into making a simple screenshot the main two skills that I learned in rendering the sleeve were creating a backdrop and how to add lighting to the composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment