Sunday, October 9, 2022

Project 2: Owen Chou

 Inspiration

I mostly went with my design for my flashlight sleeve project, so there wasn't a clear inspiration for my model. I wanted to experiment with all the different techniques shown in the videos and I wanted it to be high poly. The reference picture below is what I want my flashlight material to be.

Process


I started this by modeling the right side and then used the curve boolean to create the shape of the flashlight. I used a lot of array polar and boolean difference to create the pattern on the flashlight. I ultimately modeled this with only one layer because the final model will be printed out as a whole.


Materials

For my keyshot rendering, I used the anodized titanium material for my flashlight and an emissive material for the bulb, similar to my reference picture.





Model









No comments:

Post a Comment