Sunday, December 4, 2022

Jason Hollander - Project 4 - Serial Slicing

 Inspiration

    For inspiration for my serial slice I went for some of my favorite creatures from fictional series and myths. For my images I went for the leshen from the Witcher,  centaur and Cerberus from Greek mythology,  the hell pit abomination and skaven clanrat from Warhammer fantasy, a space marine and tyrranid from Warhammer 40k, a anubite from Egyptian mythology, and Cthulhu. i settled on combining  the skaven calnrat and space marine together. while drawing it out i wanted it to just be a heavily armored rat.







Process

    My process for making my serial slice was I wanted to keep it close to what I originally drew out but certain design aspects such as the how the pipes connected to the head and the tanks on the back i also removed the knife on the head because it looked weird. I made the teeth a piece of the armor and how the rat speaks and breathes I designed and air filter and voice box.














Materials

    For my model I went for the colors of space marine chapters of the ultramarines which is blue. I made the whole of the armor blue, the pipes carbon fiber, and all of the accents around the eyes and pipes brass. i made the voice box brass and the air filter silver. I also made the shoulders studded.


Final product 

     I think my rat came out great except for the air filter and voice box did come out good I wrapped it in masking tape and paper Mache. I painted it exactly like my render on the pipes I dropped some gold paint on them I wiped it off and it left a weathering effect so I put it on all the pipes. around the eyes and the end of the pipes i put clay to bring out the accents more. and on the shoulder to add the effect of studs i add sticky dots on the shoulder but only had enough for one shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment