Saturday, December 3, 2022

Nick Nelson: Project 4 Serial Slicing


Project 4 Serial Slicing

Cat Axolotl Hybrid


For my animal hybrid bust I got the idea to combine a lizard called an Axolotl with a Cat


When sketching out my ideas my main inspiration was toothless from the how to train your dragon movies, but I also briefly messed around with the idea of adding birdlike or aquatic elements to my creature.
 










When modeling in Rhino I took basic shapes like ellipses and exploded them, warping their control points to get the shapes I wanted. I also cut holes to make the ears.




When it came to my slices I superglued them and then taped the exterior over for painting.




I was having trouble getting paint to stay on my model so I used spray paint to give it its pink coat. I also cut out paper and used clay for its little fronds its got.











No comments:

Post a Comment