Monday, December 5, 2022

Santiago Perez-Isaza: Project 5 Prosthetic Model

Inspiration 

The main inspiration for this project came from the futuristic prosthetics of the Cyberpunk 2077 game. The way it creates one unified shape for the eye with smaller details, supposedly to be new pupils, inspired me to create something similar but rather with just one eye.

Modelling and Techniques

The main eye piece was made by creating a quadrilateral using curves and the osnap tool. With osnap, I was able to trace out parts of the face to create certain pieces for the prosthetic. I wanted to include cables to add character to the rest of the model and to serve as guiding lines that lead the viewer to the back of the head. To achieve this, I drew some curves leading from the front piece to the back and then aligned a circle to the base of one end. With one rail sweep command, I was able to create the cable.








Materials

Many prosthetics are already produced using titanium so I decided to use that as my main material for the larger pieces. The I decided to make the back grills used the same material as it just helps with continuity. The cables are brightly colored mainly to show off that it is a prosthetic and add a vibrant punch. The lenses at the front I used a special optic material from Keyshot that added this colorful reflection of the lights around itself.









No comments:

Post a Comment