Sunday, December 4, 2022

Jolynn Yeh Project 5 Prosthetics Accessory

 Reference

I wanted to follow the horns on a warthog and reference that onto the mask. I just thought that horns on a mask would be cool, and I imagined a boar or pig whenever I thought of the tusks.


Modeling/Techniques

For modeling it was a little difficult to get the mask to wrap around the mouth and not clip into the face model. I had an easier time with the strap part. For techniques, it was easier to network surface the straps since they were pretty straightforward with the geometry. It was harder to network the mask since the geometry wasn't as square compared to the straps. So instead, I had to network surface the mask in pieces instead of the whole thing. I used project to draw the lines on the model and offset to make the mask and straps thicker. I had used loft and patch to model the tusks, vent, and the button. I had modeled everything on one side and mirrored everything on the other side.


Rendering/Materials

I had chosen to render the mask in a perspective view and added a close-up view to see the mask in a more pedestrian view. For materials, I made the straps rubber, the mask I wanted to give a more metallic feel to it, along with the tusks, vent, and button on the mask. I thought it just looked cooler and had a more futuristic feel when it looks all metallic and reflective.

No comments:

Post a Comment