Monday, December 5, 2022

Brittany Han: Skateboard Extra Credit

 Inspiration:

        I wanted to do something with a cool design for the skateboard. My mind immediately whet to traditional Koi Fish Tattoos. I have always thought they looked awesome and I think having a koi fish shredding down a half pipe would look sick.

    



Modeling:

        I started modeling by making the initial curve of the skateboard. I then closed this curve and extruded it out into the needed width. I boolean differenced of the corners to make the deck look more like the moderne style board decks. I found a cool koi design online and added some water to the edges to get the effect I wanted.




Render:


    Knowing that the skateboard would be wood I moved my model into Keyshot. I used the fine grain wood texture on the board part if the model. For the engraved part I left it a plastic black so its easily seen on the render model.





No comments:

Post a Comment