Monday, December 5, 2022

Alexandra Escobedo: Weeks 12-15 Architectonic Lamp

Lamp Model (Flower)

Inspiration

The inspiration behind this model was a peace lily plant and the shape of their petals. The tear drop shape was something I wanted to mimic in my model and was able to do so successfully. I wanted to make a lamp that I would personally use, and that was able to match the aesthetic I had in mind. 


Process

The process involved making petal shapes using curves. After making one petal, I used the loft technique to make it look like a solid flower petal shape. Once completing the first petal, I then utilized the polar array technique to make exact copies of the flower petals. I then created the base for the lamp utilizing the torus shape.





Materials and Techniques

The material I used was plywood to demonstrate what it would look like in real life. Some of the techniques I used involved the curve tool to make the petals; polar array technique to make perfect copies of the petals; and utilized the loft technique to make the petals look more solid in structure. 














No comments:

Post a Comment