Monday, December 5, 2022

Lindsey Nguyen : Week 15 Prosthetic Accessory

 Design Intent


For my prosthetic project, I wanted to remodel what is called the Life alert bracelet. I feel like that should be a necessity for older people or people who can’t really speak or help themselves. I wanted to change the look of it as some are way too plain simple, and does not  speak character. I used this opportunity to use the honeycomb pattern, as I feel like it represents what a life alert does. Everyone has a role in life and those people are willing to help people who are in need. I decided to go for the bee design because bee’s work together and help one another. 






Modeling Techniques


The modeling techniques I used is that I started off with a polygon that has six sides and created it with an offset curve then extruded curve planer straight to get my solid. Then made an array of it right next to each other. Then duplicated the copies to create a row of them top and bottom from my original model. The top of the honeycombs were then fileted and I picked the center of one and scaled 1-D to pop out. Then I created the end of the bracelet with a square and used a gumball to model the end of the surface. Once I was done with the bracelet I created the button, which was used by creating two circles and lofting it. Then placed it in the center of the honeycomb that was protruding out. Once I was done with modeling the design, I had to actually make it into a bracelet so I flowed the bracelet to a circle then I was finished with my piece. 



Rendering Materials 



For the rendering materials, I decided to texturize the bracelet with honeycomb texture to really go with the theme of the message. I also placed the material to be plastic as most life alert bracelets are made in that type of material. For the prosthetic model, I used the texture of skin to render out so people would know how it would look on an arm.









No comments:

Post a Comment