Monday, December 5, 2022

Brittany Han: Prosthetic Accessory

 Concept Inspiration:

    My inspiration came from the cute Ranchu Goldfish. I wanted to capture the known silhouette of a goldfish with this mask. I combined the smooth scales of the fish with a functional mask to make a soft on the skin mask. I thought it would be cute to walk around with little fins.



Process:

    I used the provided female face to model my mask onto. I used a combination of curve extrusions as well as premade shapes to get the desired look onto one half of the face. I boolean differenced any unwanted geometry, then I mirror these shapes to the other half of the face. I then used boolean union to join the two halves together.
Model 3/4
Model Side
Model Front
Model Top

Rendering and Materials:

    For my materials I choose to go with items that would feel soft and cool against the skin, like fish scales should. For the main mask section and the straps, I went with a leather material. The lips and fins are made of a durable plastic. and the vents are made out of a hi-dense foam to help with air circulation.
Render 3/4 View

Render Side View







No comments:

Post a Comment