Monday, December 5, 2022

Josh Rainey: Week 15 Extra Credit Skateboard


Design Intent


For my design, I drew inspiration from a simple sakura tree. Pink is probably for favorite color so I have always enjoyed seeing the stunning, vibrant leaves that come from the tree.


Techniques

Mostly for the project I used the control point curved command as it made the shapes of the leave feel a little bit more engraved and smooth. I also would use the split command in order to outline some of the borders. To duplicate the flowers I would use the mirror and rotate command in order to keep a nice consistent feeling.


Materials

 For my materials, I used wood for the base of my skateboard, definitely didn't want to mess with the original feel of a skateboard too much. Now for the flowers, all I did was use a pink fill in order to make the board blend well. Only using two main materials for my skateboard help keep it simple, clean, and looking good.







No comments:

Post a Comment