Thursday, December 8, 2022

Jonathan Conde Extra Credit- Skateboard

Inspiration: For my skateboard project, I wanted to present something that I like, and I chose my pet Corgi. However, it will be really complex to use visuals, so I wanted to do a word. Having a word carved into a skateboard would look really bland, so I decided to do the Chinese word for 'Corgi'.


Modeling: The first thing I did was make a thin, long, cube with half circles on the side for the deck. I then made some adjustments to make it have a skateboard shape such as the nose and tail. For the 3 Chinese characters, I copied the translation and used the text feature. I added circles to make that side of the skateboard more interesting to look at. Finally, I added the grip tape by copying and pasting the top part of the deck. 


Rendering: I mostly used wood textures with different colors for the skateboard. The deck has a light wood color while the Chinese characters and circles around them have darker wood colors. The grip tape is made out of asphalt texture. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment