Monday, December 5, 2022

Alexandra Escobedo: Weeks 9-11 Serial Slicing

Serial Slice Model (Flower Tower)

Inspiration

The inspiration behind this model was the coil spring toy that I used to play with as a kid. They would come in a variety of colors and shapes, including stars, flowers, and more geometric shapes. I wanted to keep this simple given my limited experience, but I also wanted to make something that would tuck at people’s nostalgia.


Process

The process involved using the star shape tool, solid extrusion command, and the filet corners command to a 1.5 radius. These were the main tools and commands that I utilized to “stretch” the basic shape of the star, smooth the points of the star shape, and then twist the elongated shape using the Twist command.



Materials and Techniques

The material used was plywood to make it look similar to how it would in real life. Some of the techniques I used involve star shape tools, solid extrusion command, filet corners, and the Twist command. 














No comments:

Post a Comment