Monday, December 5, 2022

Maria Quintanilla Parametric Lamp

 Design Intent

The process for creating this project was unlike anything I had tried before, and as with all other projects for this class, I wanted to push myself to create something interesting. The horizontal layering made me think of a display shelf. Because of the scale of the lamp, I thought this would be a perfect project to display small figures and works of art.

Final Product

Unfortunately I was not able to create the final product, but this is a good opportunity to reconsider different design aspects and apply my design intent in a more effective way. 

I remodeled the base of the lamp to fit the circular design. The bottom supports were also adjusted to consider the weight distribution of the lamp as well as to create lift in the overall design. For future reference, I think less slices would create a more open space for display. The overall shape is symmetrical and simple enough that less slices would not take away too much from the beauty of the lamp itself.



I believe this project would look great as is, although there is potential for creating different thematics using color. The circular shaping of the inner rings could also allow for strips of LED lights on the inside, further adding to the theme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment